
Last two weeks has been an Oscar fever for me. I was keen and excited to know what movie will announce as Best Picture for this year. Without any doubt, The King's Speech won and straightly attracted me to watch it. When the movie released in Malaysia it was on the right time. Thank you Nazwan and Ass for accompany me to watch it, I know both of you guys find it a boring movie. As the Oscar's nominees has been released all over the web I have no idea what is this movie is about. I thought it will be a super serious, dramatic storyline and mysterious (like Colin Firth did in 'A Single Man') but it turns out to be a joyful and non-serious storyline when I watched the trailer for the very first time. Oh yeah, Helena Bonham Carter was also a part of the movie. Isn't that great? Because of that I really want to watch The King's Speech.
I really wanted to see this movie when I first heard about it - partly because I thought the premise was intriguing and partly because I wanted to see if Colin Firth could pull it off. I was not disappointed but I think it is kinda a halfway boring for me.
The King's Speech adalah lakonan Colin Firth, Geoffrey Rush and Helena Bonham Carter. Colin Firth is an excellent actor of English drama. Colin Firth expertly portrays a man, who has the responsibility on his shoulders. This movie is about King George VI's ascension to the throne, after his brother Edward abdicates so he could marry the twice-divorced Wallis Simpson, and just before the start of World War II. King George VI, before being crowned, had an unusual stammer. When circumstances lead him to the throne, he is distraught at his own handicap. But trained by an unorthodox speech therapist, the king overcomes not only his speech impediment, but gains his confidence and leads Britain. He has a problem of couldn't speak in front of the millions people and can't pronounce each world clearly and properly. Every time he want to announce or delivering speech or news he have this kind of nervous that makes him unable to read it.
Helena Bonham Carter (Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon), George's wife. She gave an incredibly balanced performance - sympathy with George's problems but not sinking into pity, an authoritative royal manner but not dictatorial or annoying, and just enough wit and humor to make her fun. Geoffrey Rush (Lionel Logue) is the king's speech therapist. He's portrayed as also something of a psychotherapist, as there is some emphasis on the emotional and mental things that can make a stammer worse or better.An interesting aspect of this relationship is how the therapist takes the king out of himself, tries to get him to relax, insists on calling him "Bertie". Most of the funny scenes occur between Lionel and George, especially when Lionel points out that when George gets angry and starts swearing, the stammer disappears.
The climax of the film is George VI's speech to the nation in which he announces that England was now at war with Germany. He starts out hesitating and halting, but Lionel is right there with him, coaching him through it in a small, claustrophobic-looking room. The background music for this scene is a great piece, and one I'm putting on my list to learn for cello someday. The film The King’s Speech undoubtedly will go down in history. It is one kind of an interesting and it takes masterly craft to tell a simple, small story convincingly.
I comment this movie (3)★★★only.









No comments:
Post a Comment